Are your business signs ADA-compliant signs? If you’re not sure, then it’s important you find out right away for the sake of your business.
Why Are Custom ADA Sign Requirements So Important To Your Business?
- It’s the law according to The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any violations of this law can result in fines. The worst-case scenario is that your business can be shut down.
- ADA compliance helps create a safe environment for customers and employees. With the proper signage in place, everyone can easily identify exits in case of an emergency.
- ADA-compliant signs help individuals avoid dangerous situations and provide them with proper warning, so they can avoid entering certain areas of a building.
- Did you know that custom ADA signs can promote business growth? A building that provides disabled people with access allows you to appeal to a larger consumer base and employee talent pool.
- Signs that are compliant with ADA regulations are good PR for your company. They send the right message that you welcome all people, leaving a positive impression on visitors and employees.
How Can I Ensure I’m ADA-compliant?
- ADA standards require that all signage should be easily read by all people.
- These regulations come from the federal level, but states and municipalities also have their own laws regulating custom ADA signs.
- With regards to current standards for braille signs, the required text is to be between 5/8” to 2” tall, cannot be within 1/2” of the written text, and must be written in specific font types with no glossy finish.
- These ADA standards change quite often, so it can be difficult for a business to stay on top of making sure it always has ADA-compliant signs.
- Therefore, it is imperative to enlist the services of a sign contractor to ensure you are in compliance with all these rules and regulations.
We’ve barely scratched the surface of ADA signage. There are still many more ins and outs that are too in-depth to cover here. Here’s an example: the differences between indoor and outdoor ADA signs and the variety of finishing options. Let Island Signs & Graphics be your guide to everything ADA signage for your business!
Island Signs & Graphics: Custom Braille Signs And Other ADA-compliant Signs For Your Business
Having proper ADA signs means that all individuals can access the goods and services they need. No matter what type of industry you’re in, you should work to ensure that you’re meeting the requirements for ADA signage. Island Signs & Graphics has extensive experience creating branded and ADA-compliant signs; our team will work with your business to support your success. Contact us today to book your complimentary consultation and to receive a personalized quote.